5 Tips for a Better Website
We all know that you only have one chance to make a first impression. In today’s digital world, that first impression usually comes from your website. It is critical that your website is fresh, exciting and portrays your company’s personality and vision to potential customers.
Besides the obvious things such as being visual appealing and mobile friendly, here are 5 tips for giving your website a face-lift:
- Add Video – If a picture is worth a 1,000 words, then video is worth a million! Video is a great way to stand out from your competition and showcase your business. You don’t need expensive equipment to make it happen, just use your iPhone! The quality of an iPhone camera is excellent and uploading to YouTube is simple. Want an easy editing program? Download the app iMovie, you can easily add an intro slide with your company logo & music. Video ideas:Film your crew working safely on a job-site, showcase your different equipment, get a customer testimony, or an about us video. These videos can be used on a variety of different pages on your website & make great social media posts.
- Ramp up your “About Us” section – People want to know the people behind the company, so show your personality! People do business with people they like, so share what values you believe in, how your business was started, tell your story and be real. Also, include photos of the staff with short bios.
- Start a Blog – This should be a must! Not only is it important for your customers to get information on current industry trends, you can also write about what’s going on at your company and other important topics. Our good friend Google wants to see fresh content added to your website for SEO. If you don’t like to write, find one of your staff members that can write a weekly or monthly article to share on your blog.
- Incorporate Live Chat – This may seem tricky or too tech savvy for some, but adding a live chat feature onto your website is fairly easy and can be activated whenever someone from your team is available. If a team member is not available, it still allows for clients or prospects to send a message with their questions and it is sent to your email. There are a number of software vendors who offer live chat services for your business. We utilize Pure Chat in our office and have found it to be well received by our customers. Allowing people to communicate with your team via chat is yet another way to being viewed as the best choice in the tree care industry.
- Call to Action – Every solid website allows the customer to take action immediately by offering clear buttons to request services. Each page should have a call to action on it with a clear message for the consumer.